Thursday, July 9, 2015

Kirby, GIFS, and stuff

Hey! Didja hear? There's a blockbuster retrospective of the King of Comics coming your way late this summer!  That's right--a big, big show of Jack Kirby's greatest work, curated by my friend, colleague and preeminent Kirby-scholar Professor Charles Hatfield at the California State University at Northridge, August 24-October 10, 2015. 
Read all about it right here: Comic Book Apocalypse: The Graphic World of Jack Kirby
I'm thrilled about the exhibition, can't wait to see the catalog and excited to be designing a mural for the show to highlight the King's graphic power . Jack Kirby is one of my greatest heroes, and to have the chance to honor him in this small way is the thrill of a lifetime for me. Do yourself a favor, make your way out to L.A. this fall and see the show. It's bound to be a mind-blower!

That said--I'm still making GIFS of the strip that I'd like to share with you---hopefully they'll draw a few new readers to www.gocomics.com/jetpack-jr ! Admittedly, I'm new at this--but it's fun, and it seems to have attracted a few folks, here and there.  Here are a couple more for your viewing pleasure--and please be sure to check out my giphy channel to see them all: http://giphy.com/channel/jetpackjr/

While you're at it--follow me on Tumblr: http://plasticbabyhead.tumblr.com/
or Twitter: jetpackjr@BigBabyhead1 

and now--the fun stuff: 
Take-Off!










2 comments: